Cyfarthfa High School is a comprehensive school of more than 1,000 students in the 11-16 age category.
The school population is strong and we welcome applications for places at the school from students outside the usual catchment area.
School Opens 8.10am
Registration 8.30am – 8.55am
Lesson 1 8.55am – 9.55am
Lesson 2 9.55am – 10.55am
Break 10.55am – 11.15am
Lesson 3 11.15am – 12.15pm
Lesson 4 12.15pm – 1.15pm
Lunch 1.15pm – 1.55pm
Lesson 5 1.55pm – 2.55pm
School Ends 2.55pm
At Cyfarthfa High School our aim is:
- To provide every pupil with the opportunity to develop academically, personally, socially, physically and intellectually to their full potential and according to their own abilities and aspirations.
- To develop an ethos within the school that values everyone, encourages respect for individuals and property, and creates an expectation that everyone will work to their capacity in order to achieve their full potential.
- To tackle underachievement and rid the school of this feature.
To promote the virtues of tolerance, personal pride and confidence amongst pupils; to enhance their self-esteem and to invest in their futures. In so doing the school will help them celebrate their achievement and success.
- To extend the range of curricular and extracurricular experiences for pupils and to enrich their minds and increase their skills, knowledge and understanding in order that they may take an active place in society upon leaving school.
- To place the school at the heart of the community; to extend and improve links with homes, external agencies and others who contribute to the success of the school.
- To provide an excellent quality of education, to set high but realistic targets for all pupils in all areas of endeavour and to strive for ever improved standards of achievement throughout the school.
Welcome to our school!